Friday, January 19, 2007

Cozumel, Mexico

We first met Jose three years ago when we stopped at his little shop by the side of the road in Cozumel, Mexico. He sells ceramics, t-shirts, blankets, and tablecloths etc. ............to make enough money to support his family. As I was perusing his "stuff" - all of a sudden something jumped out at me - an English New Testament and a Daily Bread devotional. When I picked it up to look at it, Jose told me that it was for me to take. I told him that I already have a Bible. It was was so exciting for both of us as we began to share our common faith in Jesus. He told me the story of his whole family accepting Jesus as Saviour after his brother experienced supernatural healing. Several of his family members suffered from alcohol and drug addictions but were all delivered from these addictions because of their newfound faith. He shared with me how he was having great difficulty in getting Christian literature and more specifically "Bibles" to distribute to the people that he was ministering to.

Last year I was able to deliver New Testaments and children's booklets that I obtained from Canadian LifeLight Ministries to Jose. He was moved to tears! I don't think that he could believe that I actually followed through on my promise to bring them.

This year I took Jose more New Testaments, a Bible for himself, two different kinds of children's books and several Gospels of St. John. He was so happy to see us and was very thankful again for the literature that we brought. He told me that his brother that had been healed, had died after choking on some food, 2 days after I had been to see him last year. So, last year has been a year of grieving for Jose's family - but not as those who have no hope. They have hope of seeing their loved one again in heaven.

God is using Canadian Lifelight Ministries to share God's Good News with the Spanish speaking people of Cozumel, Mexico. Thank you for making your literature affordable and avaliable to people like me to deliver to those who need to hear.

Blessings,

Beryl J.

No comments: