Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Power of the Word

This weekend I had the honour and privilege to speak to the patrons at Siliom Mission. 

As I shared about how the word of God can change our lives and change our hearts form being as hard as a rock to fertile soil, using the parable of sower and the seeds from Matthew 13, a women in front of me was obviously moved and wanted to talk immediately after. As I listened to her story my heart broke as I heard her need for God. We prayed together and she now has God in her life. I know that it will change everything. I left her with a complete Bible which she immediately started to read. Her favourite passage was one filled with hope that God is with us, that He will never forsake us, and that Jesus will be by our side no matter where we go. We all need to be reminded of that.
I cannot go into  the specific details of her needs, but would ask that you pray for her. With God working with her, nothing is impossible.

Please read the passage below. God wants all our hearts to fertile ground for his seed to grow and change our lives.

"Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seeds. 4 As he scattered them across his field, some seeds fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate them. 5 Other seeds fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seeds sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow. 6 But the plants soon wilted under the hot sun, and since they didn't have deep roots, they died. 7 Other seeds fell among thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants. 8 Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted! 9 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."

I pray that we all have "ears to hear"

Blessings,

Paul Winter
National Team Leader
Canadian LifeLight Ministries Inc
330-1695 Henderson Hwy
Winnipeg MB




No comments: