Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pastors Share Bible

Sometime ago we received a request from Pedro, a pastor in Cuba: Praise God for the NIV Study Bible that one of my friends received! I’m wondering how I can get one as well. I have written to several places but have not received an answer. I’m a pastor in Cuba and also teach in two seminaries. Please “come over to Macedonia and help us.”
A short time later John van der Ahe wrote: Through an e-mail we received from Pedro we became aware of your existence. We haven’t heard about this ministry; please tell us about it.
For the past seventeen years my wife and I have been going to Cuba to encourage the pastors of all denominations. We bring them Bibles, musical instruments, communion cups, medial supplies, shoes and clothing. The pastors are hungry for fellowship with Christians from abroad, which is more important to them than gifts.
Pedro is a Baptist pastor in Floro Perez. He is asking for a Spanish NIV Study Bible for the pastors of Floro Perez, meaning that this Bible will be shared with other pastors in this small town. Less than half of the Christians in Cuba own a Bible
Just a few days ago, Pedro sent us this e-mail:
Dear friends in Christ:
I have no words to say THANKS A LOT! It is an amazing miracle to have my NIV Study Bible and the Planner. Thanks again.
Serving Jesus,
Rev. Pedro A. Obregon Sanchez

No comments: