Friday, January 03, 2014

With God, Good things come from bad situations


I went to wash my car, as I had a few minutes to spare between appointments and it was finally warm enough to not freeze my car into an ice cube. I finished washing and even had enough time to clean the inside of the car out of all the little pieces of paper that had fallen. It was warm and I took my jacket off to wash and clean the car.

I had opened and closed the car door many times during this process, but the last time the door made a strange sound. The automatic door locks kicked in, and the keys where inside. After checking all doors, I went inside and asked for assistance. I did not have time for this setback, and hoped I would make my next meeting. Being next to a garage, they went and found a man who could open doors.

Turns out it still took him 30 minutes with his fancy tools, and when it was finally open I asked him what was owed. $30, a steal. As I got the money out of the interac machine, a friend of his came in and they  began to joke back and forth about the weekend to come, and my new friend said with a laugh that he had just earned this weekends beer money. As I handed him his earnings, I told him I had one more thing for him in the  trunk.

I opened it and asked him if he needed a Bible. After the conversation I heard inside, I thought the answer would be a quick NO, but he responded to me with an enthusiastic YES! 

He picked one out and was far happier with his new Bible than with his money, and it reminded me that God is at work even when things seem to be going wrong.

Blessings,

Paul Winter 
National Team Leader
Canadian LifeLight Ministries 

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: